Author Topic: Poker Run - July 3  (Read 5493 times)

Offline Scooter LJ

• Private
  • Support our troops!
Poker Run - July 3
« on: April 08, 2010,03,01:08 »
Well still working on all the details, but we are putting together a Poker Run on July 3 at Red Sands, NM.

There will be two meet locations, one in El Paso heading north, and the other in Alamogrodo, NM headed south.

0830 (El Paso) meet up at the Lowes on Montana right off of US 375 as they have a large enough parking lot to accommodate the amount of vehicles.
From there move to the site where the poker run starts.

0700 (Alamogordo) meet near the 54/70 intersection (location TBD) and head towards Red Sands.

0915-1000 Registration and safety brief as well as waiver signing

1000-1400ish trail ride (this may take longer depending on how many rigs are involved)

1400-1900 (it goes as late as seven in case ride goes long) Handing out Hand prizes, Raffle prizes and BBQ... Basically just hanging out and finishing the day.

The Plan is for about and hour and a half to two hours after we return to give out the prizes the rest of the time is for food, fun, and socializing.

We are working with a few sponsors as of now but are looking for more. If there are more prizes, there will likely be more interest. As more info becomes available I will try to update accordingly. If there is any interest from here please post up or shoot me a PM as I would like to try to get a head count.

Additionally, if you know of any sponsors who have worked well with WFTW events in the past please let me know as I would like to make contact with them.

Thanks to jeepinjp for the help in getting this on here and hope to see some of you there.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2010,01,11:27 by Scooter LJ »

Offline jeepinjp

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council
Re: Poker Run - July 3
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010,18,47:07 »
Scooter,
           Great job I am sure it will be a great event..
911 NEVER FORGET
Semper Fidelis
JP
`74 CJ5 4" spings SOA 38" Swampers T-18
lock-rite front, lincoln rear
"THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING".--Edmund Burke (1729-97)  NJ Trails Council---Motorized Rep., NOHVCC NJ Partner, NJOHVA NJOHVA VP/ Director of Govt. & Legislative Affairs/Advocacy,  NJJC, AMA, ATVA ,BRC- Board of Directors, XTREME HABITAT, Tread Lightly Master Trainer, ARRA, ATV Safety Institute Liscenced Trainer

Offline Scooter LJ

• Private
  • Support our troops!
Re: Poker Run - July 3 !!UPDATE!!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010,04,21:56 »
The event is scheduled for July 3rd (saturday) and will consist of an easy to moderate trail ride (majority on the easy side) and food and drinks afterwards. Prize support is still in the works, however it is coming along.

-Prize will be handed out for Best Hand and Worst Hand, there will also be raffle tickets available for other smaller prizes.
-All participants will have to sign a waiver in order to come and play, as even though nothing should happen, there is always the chance, and all parties involved must be protected and absolved of any liabilty.
-Entry fee is $10.00 and covers the driver. However a hand may be bought for each passenger in the vehicle for $10.00 a piece.

Times:
-0830 meet up at Lowes parking lot on montana ave, right off of US 375
-0900 Move to start point for registration, waiver signing, and safety brief
-1000 Start Trail Ride
-1400 End Trail Ride
-1630 Hand out prizes
-1900 Pack up and head home

Now these time are all slightly subject to change, mostly just the ones for after the trail ride. Now just because the event is over does not mean that every one has to leave, nor does it mean that the wheeling has to stop.

However, I must ask, that every one who is coming bring out a small trash bag, in order to take all of your trash with you and to not trash the place any more than the local hooligans do, and if the participants want we may even try to clean up around our area some of the stuff that was already there...

That is really about it, very simple I know, but I figure that the simpler it is the less that can possibly go wrong.

I look forward to seeing many of you out there for a great day of wheeling and helping a great cause. If you have any questions, Ideas, or you want to help feel free to get in touch with me as my contact info if located below.

Regards

Offline jeepinjp

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010,14,21:40 »
Great keep plugging .............
911 NEVER FORGET
Semper Fidelis
JP
"THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING".--Edmund Burke (1729-97)  NJ Trails Council---Motorized Rep., NOHVCC NJ Partner, NJOHVA NJOHVA VP/ Director of Govt. & Legislative Affairs/Advocacy,  NJJC, AMA, ATVA ,BRC- Board of Directors, XTREME HABITAT, Tread Lightly Master Trainer, ARRA, ATV Safety Institute Liscenced Trainer

Offline Scooter LJ

• Private
  • Support our troops!
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2010,01,16:00 »
The date is getting close and we have been putting in a lot of hard work to get things ready. We have made multiple trips to the site to map out various trail routes for everyone from stock rigs to the more seriously built. There is a site along the trail where the Tough Truck Challenge was run last year that has some more difficult challenges.

We have gotten lots of sponsorship to include 4WheelParts, Hi Lift, Poison Spyder Customs, and many more. I will try to get a complete list from the others that I am working with and getting posted here. Look forward to seeing as many there as possible.

Scooter

Offline 93ZJ-Walks

• Private
  • Support our troops!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010,21,10:46 »
The sponsor ships that we have can be located under the sponsorship consolidated forum fiound in general talk

Offline Scooter LJ

• Private
  • Support our troops!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010,00,35:40 »
Well here is the list of sponsors (thanks 93ZJ)

Hi-Lift
Iron Rock Offroad
4x4Groupbuy.com
Mile Marker
Firestone
Pepsi
Little 4x4 (local)
Off Road Concepts
4 Wheel Parts (Local Store)
Alamo Auto Supply (Local Store)
Chili's (local franchise)
Denny's (Local Franchise)
BJs Restaurant/brewhouse (Local franchise)
Poison Spyder Customs

Offline jeepinjp

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010,16,12:21 »
Well done 93ZJ well done...
911 NEVER FORGET
Semper Fidelis
JP

Offline Scooter LJ

• Private
  • Support our troops!
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010,03,52:17 »
Well it was a pretty good event overall. Not a huge turn out, but managed to raise almost $400. Had a good handful of vehicles show, and had a great time overall. I will update this post later with a link to pics from the event.

And we are already talking about doing another later in the year.

Offline jeepinjp

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010,16,28:27 »
great job.....
911 NEVER FORGET
Semper Fidelis
JP

Offline elp85burb

• Private
  • Support our troops!
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010,17,10:23 »
Here is some pictures of the run