Author Topic: Re: How to have an event?  (Read 4309 times)

Offline feltennova

• Private
  • Support our troops!
Re: How to have an event?
« on: October 05, 2010,15,33:38 »
Didn't want to start a new topic when my question fits into this one.  So, I'm dusting it off, hope nobody minds.

I'm a member of K&I Four Wheelers (Kentucky & Indiana Four Wheelers) located out of Louisville Ky.  I pitched the idea of K&I hosting a WFTW event and the group is interested.  I volunteered to head up the effort to see what is involved.  In addition, we are lucky enough to have a member that took advantage of the Warrior Transition unit at Ft. Knox.  He knows the leadership/chain of command at the unit (and Knox is building more) and we are sure we can tap into this resource.

So, I've been looking on the forum to see how to get started.  I see there needs to be a balance so as to not have too many events too close together (space & time).  I don't think there are any aroudn here yet.  Like to get one started.

Who can I contact?  Being a Vet myself, I'm fired up about your program and think it is great.

Offline jeepinjp

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council
Re: Re: How to have an event?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010,12,04:31 »
Sent you an email.
911 NEVER FORGET
Semper Fidelis
JP
`74 CJ5 4" spings SOA 38" Swampers T-18
lock-rite front, lincoln rear
"THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING".--Edmund Burke (1729-97)  NJ Trails Council---Motorized Rep., NOHVCC NJ Partner, NJOHVA NJOHVA VP/ Director of Govt. & Legislative Affairs/Advocacy,  NJJC, AMA, ATVA ,BRC- Board of Directors, XTREME HABITAT, Tread Lightly Master Trainer, ARRA, ATV Safety Institute Liscenced Trainer

Offline feltennova

• Private
  • Support our troops!
Re: Re: How to have an event?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010,17,05:57 »
Thank you for the email.  I read some if it (still at work ;) ).  I'll sit down and go through it all at home.  I'll say that I've never took on such a task before, but feel it is very important.  If you do not mind, I will be asking for suggestions from time to time.  Would it be best to post future questions up on here so others may learn from them?  Or do you prefer I email you directly??  Maybe PM?  What works best for you?? 8)

Offline jeepinjp

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010,18,24:23 »
anyway you choose to contact is fine I will do my best to reply in timely manner.If you post others may also be able to assist.
911 NEVER FORGET
Semper Fidelis
JP
"THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING".--Edmund Burke (1729-97)  NJ Trails Council---Motorized Rep., NOHVCC NJ Partner, NJOHVA NJOHVA VP/ Director of Govt. & Legislative Affairs/Advocacy,  NJJC, AMA, ATVA ,BRC- Board of Directors, XTREME HABITAT, Tread Lightly Master Trainer, ARRA, ATV Safety Institute Liscenced Trainer

Offline feltennova

• Private
  • Support our troops!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011,12,45:41 »
Just posting a link here so I can find it again later.  Planning is still underway, and I'm looking to step it up since spring/summer isn't too far off now.  :)

http://wheelersforthewounded.org/forum/index.php/topic,1080.0.html

Meeting tomorrow with one of the directors from the Wounded Warrior Transition Unit (WWTU) located here on Ft. Knox.  I'll post up how the meeting goes.  I'm hoping to work hand-in-hand with the WWTU.  I figured I need to find service members before I plan much else.

Also, I have the name and number of the guy our local fourwheel club uses for securing insurance.  It's almost one of those chicken & egg things.  Do I need to have a head/vehicle count before I can figure out how much insurance is needed, or the other way around?  I'll post up what I figure out.

Offline jeepinjp

• Administrator
  • Colonel
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011,16,56:25 »
Good Luck with meeting, you are lucky to have that access it will prove to make you efforts that much easier. I also have a connection for insurance, our guy did not need a head count as he insures the event but they are all different. I think it is usually a blanket liability policy. If I can help shout..
911 NEVER FORGET
Semper Fidelis
JP